Home Schools

Schools

Leipsic Road School, Southwark

Original name Leipsic Road School
Current name Comber Grove Primary School
Previous names Unknown
Current address Comber Grove, Camberwell, London
Postcode SE5 0LQ
Date of opening 1877
Date of addition(s) Unknown
VSIL grading Demolished
Evidence source SBL Map 1904; LCC: Education Service Particulars for the Year 1914-1915
Original architect E R Robson
Additional architect Unknown
Style Early Robson
Borough Southwark
Current use Primary education
Condition Demolished
Protection None
Comments
Leipsic Road and the school appear on the 1894 OS map, but both the road and the school are now called Comber Grove. The Robson school of 1877 has disappeared. The current (simple but elegant) four storey building of London stock brick with an overhanging slate roof appears to be early 20th century and so it seems liely that this school was rebuilt by the LCC in the inter-war period.
© James Hall
© James Hall
© James Hall
© James Hall

School Search

Filter by various criteria to narrow your search

Architect
Style
Borough
Current use
Current condition
With Photos